User Services Agreement
Last Modified: 5 November 2021
This User Services Agreement (this “Agreement”) is a binding contract between you (“Customer,” “you,” or “your”) and Factor Technology, LLC, a Texas limited liability company (“Factor Technology,” “we,” or “us”). This Agreement governs your access to and use of the Services (as defined herein).
THIS AGREEMENT TAKES EFFECT WHEN YOU CLICK THE “I ACCEPT” BUTTON BELOW OR BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICES (the “Effective Date”). BY CLICKING ON THE “I ACCEPT” BUTTON BELOW OR BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICES YOU (A) ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT; (B) REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT, POWER, AND AUTHORITY TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT AND, IF ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT FOR AN ORGANIZATION, THAT YOU HAVE THE LEGAL AUTHORITY TO BIND THAT ORGANIZATION; AND (C) ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE LEGALLY BOUND BY ITS TERMS.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, PLEASE SELECT THE “I DECLINE” BUTTON BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES.
(a) “Authorized User” means Customer and Customer’s employees, consultants, contractors, and agents (i) who are authorized by Customer to access and use the Services under the rights granted to Customer pursuant to this Agreement and (ii) for whom access to the Services has been purchased hereunder. For the avoidance of doubt, “Authorized User” does not include any third-party customers or clients of Customer.
(b) “Customer Data” means, other than Aggregated Statistics, information, data, and other content, in any form or medium, that is submitted, posted, or otherwise transmitted by or on behalf of Customer or any other Authorized User through the Services.
(c) “Documentation” means Factor Technology’s user manuals, handbooks, and guides relating to the Services that may be provided by Factor Technology to Customer from time to time either electronically or in hard copy form and any end user documentation relating to the Services that may be available at https://www.factor.technology/.
(d) “Factor Technology IP” means the Services, the Documentation, and all intellectual property provided to Customer or any other Authorized User in connection with the foregoing. For the avoidance of doubt, Factor Technology IP includes Aggregated Statistics and any information, data, or other content derived from Factor Technology’s monitoring of Customer’s access to or use of the Services, but does not include Customer Data.
(e) “Services” means the services provided by Factor Technology under this Agreement that are detailed on Factor Technology’s website available at https://www.factor.technology/, including, without limitation, the use of such website and the use of Factor Technology’s Factor Drive® software-as-a-service offering.
(f) “Third-Party Products” means any products, content, services, information, websites, or other materials that are owned by third parties and are incorporated into or accessible through the Services.
(a) Provision of Access. Subject to and conditioned on your payment of any outstanding fees owed to Factor Technology for your use of the Services and compliance with all other terms and conditions of this Agreement, Factor Technology hereby grants you a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, limited right to access and use the Services during the Term solely for your internal business operations by Authorized Users in accordance with the terms and conditions herein. Factor Technology shall provide you any necessary passwords and access credentials to allow you to access the Services.
(b) Documentation License. Subject to the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, Factor Technology hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable license for Authorized Users to use the Documentation during the Term solely for your internal business purposes in connection with use of the Services.
(c) Use Restrictions. You shall not, and shall not permit any Authorized Users to, use the Services, any software component of the Services, or Documentation for any purposes beyond the scope of the access granted in this Agreement. You shall not at any time, directly or indirectly, and shall not permit any Authorized Users to: (i) copy, modify, or create derivative works of the Services, any software component of the Services, or Documentation, in whole or in part; (ii) rent, lease, lend, sell, license, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer, or otherwise make available the Services or Documentation except as expressly permitted under this Agreement; (iii) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, adapt, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to any software component of the Services, in whole or in part; (iv) remove any proprietary notices from the Services or Documentation; or (v) use the Services or Documentation in any manner or for any purpose that infringes, misappropriates, or otherwise violates any intellectual property right or other right of any person, or that violates any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
(d) Aggregated Statistics. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, Factor Technology may monitor Customer’s use of the Services and collect and compile data and information related to Customer’s use of the Services to be used by Factor Technology in an aggregated and anonymized manner, including to compile statistical and performance information related to the provision and operation of the Services (“Aggregated Statistics”). As between Factor Technology and Customer, all right, title, and interest in Aggregated Statistics, and all intellectual property rights therein, belong to and are retained solely by Factor Technology. You acknowledge that Factor Technology may compile Aggregated Statistics based on Customer Data input into the Services. You agree that Factor Technology may (i) make Aggregated Statistics publicly available in compliance with applicable law, and (ii) use Aggregated Statistics to the extent and in the manner permitted under applicable law; provided that such Aggregated Statistics do not identify Customer or Customer’s Confidential Information.
(e) Reservation of Rights. Factor Technology reserves all rights not expressly granted to Customer in this Agreement. Except for the limited rights and licenses expressly granted under this Agreement, nothing in this Agreement grants, by implication, waiver, estoppel, or otherwise, to Customer or any third party any intellectual property rights or other right, title, or interest in or to the Factor Technology IP.
(f) Suspension. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, Factor Technology may temporarily suspend Customer’s and any other Authorized User’s access to any portion or all of the Services if: (i) Factor Technology reasonably determines that (A) there is a threat or attack on any of the Factor Technology IP; (B) Customer’s or any other Authorized User’s use of the Factor Technology IP disrupts or poses a security risk to the Factor Technology IP or to any other customer or vendor of Factor Technology; (C) Customer or any other Authorized User is using the Factor Technology IP for fraudulent or illegal activities; (D) subject to applicable law, Customer has ceased to continue its business in the ordinary course, made an assignment for the benefit of creditors or similar disposition of its assets, or become the subject of any bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or similar proceeding; or (E) Factor Technology’s provision of the Services to Customer or any other Authorized User is prohibited by applicable law; (ii) any vendor of Factor Technology has suspended or terminated Factor Technology’s access to or use of any third-party services or products required to enable Customer to access the Services; or (iii) in accordance with Section 4 (any such suspension described in subclause (i), (ii), or (iii), a “Service Suspension”). Factor Technology shall use commercially reasonable efforts to provide written notice of any Service Suspension to Customer and to provide updates regarding resumption of access to the Services following any Service Suspension. Factor Technology shall use commercially reasonable efforts to resume providing access to the Services as soon as reasonably possible after the event giving rise to the Service Suspension is cured. Factor Technology will have no liability to you or any third party for any damage, liabilities, losses (including any loss of or profits), or any other consequences that Customer or any other Authorized User may incur as a result of a Service Suspension.
(a) Acceptable Use Policy. The Services may not be used for unlawful, fraudulent, offensive, or obscene activity, or in any manner that is in violation of any acceptable use policy (“AUP”) that may be put in place by Factor Technology and posted on Factor Technology’s website from time to time or provided directly to you. You will comply with all terms and conditions of this Agreement, all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, and all guidelines, standards, and requirements that may be posted on https://www.factor.technology/, including any AUP.
(b) Account Use. You are responsible and liable for all uses of the Services and Documentation resulting from access provided by you, directly or indirectly, whether such access or use is permitted by or in violation of this Agreement. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you are responsible for all acts and omissions of Authorized Users, and any act or omission by an Authorized User that would constitute a breach of this Agreement if taken by you will be deemed a breach of this Agreement by you. You shall use reasonable efforts to make all Authorized Users aware of this Agreement’s provisions as applicable to such Authorized User’s use of the Services and shall cause Authorized Users to comply with such provisions.
(c) Customer Data. You hereby grant to Factor Technology a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, and otherwise use and display the Customer Data and perform all acts with respect to the Customer Data as may be necessary for Factor Technology to provide the Services to you, and a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, modify, and otherwise use and display Customer Data incorporated within the Aggregated Statistics. You will ensure that Customer Data and any Authorized User’s use of Customer Data will not violate any policy or terms referenced in or incorporated into this Agreement or any applicable law. You are solely responsible for the development, content, operation, maintenance, and use of Customer Data.
(d) Passwords and Access Credentials. You are responsible for keeping your passwords and access credentials associated with the Services confidential. You will not sell or transfer them to any other person or entity. You will promptly notify us about any unauthorized access to your passwords or access credentials.
(e) Third-Party Products. The Services may permit access to Third-Party Products. For purposes of this Agreement, such Third-Party Products are subject to their own terms and conditions presented to you for acceptance within the Services by website link or otherwise. If you do not agree to abide by the applicable terms for any such Third-Party Products, then you should not install, access, or use such Third-Party Products.
4. Orders, Fees and Payment. Customer may order Services using the Factor Technology then-current ordering processes. Customer is responsible for all fees and taxes on orders. Payment is due for a Service for the term purchased, including any renewals, pursuant to the Factor Technology then-current payment schedule or as otherwise set forth in the applicable order form. All fees and other amounts payable by Customer under this Agreement are exclusive of taxes and similar assessments. Customer is responsible for all sales, use, and excise taxes, and any other similar taxes, duties, and charges of any kind imposed by any federal, state, or local governmental or regulatory authority on any amounts payable by Customer hereunder, other than any taxes imposed on Factor Technology’s income.
5. Confidential Information. From time to time during the Term, Factor Technology and Customer may disclose or make available to the other party information about its business affairs, products, confidential intellectual property, trade secrets, third-party confidential information, and other sensitive or proprietary information, whether orally or in written, electronic, or other form or media/in written or electronic form or media, and whether or not marked, designated, or otherwise identified as “confidential” at the time of disclosure (collectively, “Confidential Information”). Confidential Information does not include information that, at the time of disclosure is: (a) in the public domain; (b) known to the receiving party; (c) rightfully obtained by the receiving party on a non-confidential basis from a third party; or (d) independently developed by the receiving party. The receiving party shall not disclose the disclosing party’s Confidential Information to any person or entity, except to the receiving party’s employees, agents, or subcontractors who have a need to know the Confidential Information for the receiving party to exercise its rights or perform its obligations hereunder and who are required to protect the Confidential Information in a manner no less stringent than required under this Agreement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, each party may disclose Confidential Information to the limited extent required (i) to comply with the order of a court or other governmental body, or as otherwise necessary to comply with applicable law, provided that the party making the disclosure pursuant to the order shall first have given written notice to the other party and made a reasonable effort to obtain a protective order; or (ii) to establish a party’s rights under this Agreement, including to make required court filings. Each party’s obligations of non-disclosure with regard to Confidential Information are effective as of the date such Confidential Information is first disclosed to the receiving party and will expire five years thereafter; provided, however, with respect to any Confidential Information that constitutes a trade secret (as determined under applicable law), such obligations of non-disclosure will survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement for as long as such Confidential Information remains subject to trade secret protection under applicable law.
7. Intellectual Property Ownership; Feedback. As between you and us, (a) we own all right, title, and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to the Services and (b) you own all right, title, and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to Customer Data. If you or any of your employees, contractors, or agents sends or transmits any communications or materials to us by mail, email, telephone, or otherwise, suggesting or recommending changes to the Services, including without limitation, new features or functionality relating thereto, or any comments, questions, suggestions, or the like (“Feedback”), we are free to use such Feedback irrespective of any other obligation or limitation between you and us governing such Feedback. All Feedback is and will be treated as non-confidential. You hereby assign to us on your behalf, and shall cause your employees, contractors, and agents to assign, all right, title, and interest in, and we are free to use, without any attribution or compensation to you or any third party, any ideas, know-how, concepts, techniques, or other intellectual property rights contained in the Feedback, for any purpose whatsoever, although we are not required to use any Feedback.
(a) THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND FACTOR TECHNOLOGY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE. FACTOR TECHNOLOGY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ALL WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. FACTOR TECHNOLOGY MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND THAT THE SERVICES, OR ANY PRODUCTS OR RESULTS OF THE USE THEREOF, WILL MEET YOUR OR ANY OTHER PERSON’S OR ENTITY’S REQUIREMENTS, OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, ACHIEVE ANY INTENDED OR PARTICULAR RESULT, BE COMPATIBLE OR WORK WITH ANY OF YOUR OR ANY THIRD PARTY’S SOFTWARE, SYSTEM, DEVICE, EQUIPMENT, OR OTHER SERVICES, OR BE SECURE, ACCURATE, COMPLETE, FREE OF HARMFUL CODE, OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS CAN OR WILL BE CORRECTED. FACTOR TECHNOLOGY FURTHER STRICTLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WITH RESPECT TO ANY THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS.
(a) Customer shall indemnify, hold harmless, and, at Factor Technology’s option, defend Factor Technology and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors, and assigns from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses of whatever kind, including reasonable attorneys’ fees (“Losses”), arising from or relating to any third-party claim, suit, action, or proceeding (“Third-Party Claim”) (i) that the Customer Data, or any use of the Customer Data in accordance with this Agreement, infringes or misappropriates such third party’s intellectual property rights; or (ii) based on Customer’s or any Authorized User’s use of the Services, including, without limitation, any claims arising from or related to property damage, bodily injury, disability or death; provided that Customer may not settle any Third-Party Claim against Factor Technology unless Factor Technology consents to such settlement, and further provided that Factor Technology will have the right, at its option, to defend itself against any such Third-Party Claim or to participate in the defense thereof by counsel of its own choice.
(b) Customer hereby expressly waives and releases any and all claims, now known or hereafter known, against Factor Technology, and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors, and assigns (collectively, “Releasees”), on account of property damage, injury, disability or death arising out of or attributable to Customer’s or any Authorized User’s use of the Services, whether arising out of the ordinary negligence of Factor Technology or any Releasees or otherwise. Customer covenants not to make or bring any such claim against Factor Technology or any other Releasee, and forever release and discharge Factor Technology and all other Releasees from liability under such claims. This waiver and release does not extend to claims that Texas law does not permit to be released by agreement.
10. Limitations of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL FACTOR TECHNOLOGY BE LIABLE UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT UNDER ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY: (a) CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, ENHANCED, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES; (b) INCREASED COSTS, DIMINUTION IN VALUE OR LOST BUSINESS, PRODUCTION, REVENUES, OR PROFITS; (c) LOSS OF GOODWILL OR REPUTATION; (d) USE, INABILITY TO USE, LOSS, INTERRUPTION, DELAY OR RECOVERY OF ANY DATA OR EQUIPMENT, OR BREACH OF DATA OR SYSTEM SECURITY; OR (e) COST OF REPLACEMENT GOODS OR SERVICES, IN EACH CASE REGARDLESS OF WHETHER FACTOR TECHNOLOGY WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES OR SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES WERE OTHERWISE FORESEEABLE. IN NO EVENT WILL FACTOR TECHNOLOGY’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT UNDER ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00).
(a) Term. The term of this Agreement begins on the Effective Date and continues for the period of Services provided in any order form or until Customer’s access to the Services is terminated (whichever is later), and includes any renewal terms and any testing or trial terms.
(ii) either party may terminate this Agreement, effective on written notice to the other party, if the other party materially breaches this Agreement, and such breach: (A) is incapable of cure; or (B) being capable of cure, remains uncured thirty (30) days after the non-breaching party provides the breaching party with written notice of such breach; or
(iii) Factor Technology may terminate this Agreement and the use of the Services by Customer and any Authorized User effectively immediately upon your breach or any Authorized User’s breach of the provisions set forth in Section 2(c), Section 3(a) or Section 13.
(c) Effect of Termination. Upon termination of this Agreement, Customer shall immediately discontinue use of the Services and the Factor Technology IP. No expiration or termination of this Agreement will affect Customer’s obligation to pay all fees that may have become due before such expiration or termination, or entitle Customer to any refund.
(d) Survival. This Section 11(d), Sections 5, 8, 9, 10, 13, 14, and 15, and any right, obligation, or required performance of the parties in this Agreement which, by its express terms or nature and context is intended to survive termination or expiration of this Agreement, will survive any such termination or expiration.
12. Modifications. You acknowledge and agree that we have the right, in our sole discretion, to modify this Agreement from time to time, and that modified terms become effective on posting. You will be notified of modifications through notifications or posts on https://www.factor.technology/ or via direct email communication from us. You are responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any such modifications. Your continued use of the Services after the effective date of the modifications will be deemed acceptance of the modified terms.
13. Export Regulation. The Services utilize software and technology that may be subject to US export control laws, including the US Export Administration Act and its associated regulations. You shall not, directly or indirectly, export, re-export, or release the Services or the software or technology included in the Services to, or make the Services or the software or technology included in the Services accessible from, any jurisdiction or country to which export, re-export, or release is prohibited by law, regulation, or rule. You shall comply with all applicable federal laws, regulations, and rules, and complete all required undertakings (including obtaining any necessary export license or other governmental approval), prior to exporting, re-exporting, releasing, or otherwise making the Services or the software or technology included in the Services available outside the US.
14. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule that would require or permit the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Texas. Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or related to this Agreement or the rights granted hereunder will be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of Texas in each case located in the city of Austin and County of Travis, and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action, or proceeding.
15. Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between the parties hereto with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations, and warranties, both written and oral, with respect to such subject matter. Any notices to us must be sent to our corporate headquarters address available at https://www.factor.technology/ and must be delivered either in person, by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested and postage prepaid, or by recognized overnight courier service, and are deemed given upon receipt by us. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you hereby consent to receiving electronic communications from us. These electronic communications may include notices about applicable fees and charges, transactional information, and other information concerning or related to the Services or this Agreement. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures, or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing. The invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability of any provision herein does not affect any other provision herein or the validity, legality, or enforceability of such provision in any other jurisdiction. Any failure to act by us with respect to a breach of this Agreement by you or others does not constitute a waiver and will not limit our rights with respect to such breach or any subsequent breaches. This Agreement is personal to you and may not be assigned or transferred for any reason whatsoever without our prior written consent and any action or conduct in violation of the foregoing will be void and without effect. We expressly reserve the right to assign this Agreement and to delegate any of its obligations hereunder.